Sunday, April 27, 2014

Any Given Sunday... in Arkansas
(Thank you TWC)


And this Sunday as well.  Tornadoes, the spawn of this waaaaay-too-early-in-the-year weather system are popping up across a bunch of Midwestern states.  If only I were a Republican I could blithely dismiss this as unlucky happenstance instead of one more indication of climate change   Nancy Gooding's call this morning was to warn me they were hunkering down for another day until this and a series of cells just like it pass on eastward. It is a huge spring storm system producing hail, thunderstorms and tornadoes all across the middle of the country directly over the very path the Gooding's must take to get AURORA to her new home.  They intend to slide in behind it this storm system and safely ride the tail through Arkansas and across the Mississippi River into Kentucky.  Only a few hundred miles to go now but it sure seems as if AURORA does NOT want to go to Kentucky based on all the detours and severe weather the past two weeks.  I, on the other hand, had a different task yesterday.  I micro-managed the filling of a small flask (ok... maybe not so small) with Makers Mark Bourbon in anticipation of mixing up a few Mint Juleps for celebrating the Kentucky Derby this coming Saturday.  I do not believe I have ever been in Kentucky for Derby Week and so  I hope to sit and sip from the back deck of AURORA as she rests comfortably in her new slip.  Of course there will be photos and a video or two but do not expect all to be in focus.  Given the delays of the past month, the actual location of my Julep imbibing may well be on a finger pier next to an empty slip.  No matter, after a few of my Mint Juleps, I strongly suspect focus issues will inhibit establishing either location or attendees.  But I really hope AURORA will be in attendance.  I miss her...  madly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment