Friday, April 18, 2014

Decisions, Decisions
It's a good Good Friday except I have no clue where AURORA is at the moment... hopefully well beyond this point, but I DID tell Dan & Nancy that I was not in a hurry.  A safe arrival vs a quick arrival would be my first choice.  The time in my life when I needed to go fast has gone.  Thus, AURORA's leisurely road trip, unfortunately complicated by the road construction season, appears about as straight line as a lazily meandering stream.  Which is pretty much the way I run my life... every now and again a burst of straight line efficiency and energy punctuated by substantial periods of not so much.  I have often been used as the poster boy for the "jack of all trades, master of none" crowd but that is not fair to my talent reservoir.  I, in fact, am a master of procrastination.  I am so good at it that when a friend asks me to do something, they consider it as merely planting the seed.  They know germination will take place...  it simply is not clear as to when.  Over a long period of years I have trained my publisher to accept the fact that I am lazy.  Yes it does have a direct effect on my income, but then, the dollar has never been my god.  Probably the penny would be more apropos since that would seem to be the going rate for my thoughts.  Like most of us, I also know the true value of my thoughts would have made me richer than Larry Ellison if only I hadn't given them away for that penny.  Life is all about decisions. Now, if I could only make a good one....

No comments:

Post a Comment