Monday, May 26, 2014


Rain on a Hot Tin Roof


My first Kentucky rainstorm drifted through the marina Sunday morning causing some consternation since rain on a hot tin roof is LOUD.  The drumming patter drowned out not only any normal conversation, but also several requests for a Bloody Mary refill.  I did make a snap judgement at that moment considering the rain as payback for not attending the Sunday Service on the Hill (overlooking my pier and slip as previously alluded to in this bog) but quickly realized it was raining on the Faithful as well and they were not under a tin roof.  Irony?  Or simply testing the faithful?  Not my place to speculate on what their god might consider "coin of the realm" payback but were I that preacher, I would be a bit uneasy about all that amplifier equipment getting drenched while I was holding the microphone attached to the big ass amplifier by a loooong electrical cord.  Therein lies the main pillar of my long held religious belief system. Just as I have no right to convert or proselytize him, I also have no right to interfere with his strong belief protecting him from minor electrocution or a lightning strike illuminating him and his flock. To each according to his need, perhaps, but just as valid, to each according to his level of stupidity.  I believe that to be a direct quote from the Cogent Chronicles of the Church of the Bloody Mary,  But enough preaching on this Sunday because it is supposedly their day of rest.  Did you ever ask yourself, if it is a mandated day of rest, why is it that preachers work on Sunday?  Ahhhh yes, religion, the deep spring from which hypocrisy flows unabated. Oh wait... I was still preaching.... damn it is hard to get out of the habit. However, in the long term, I guess it matters little that the raindrops drumming on the tin roof of my New Kentucky Home drown out my words... after all, I've been drowning y'all in words for nigh on to two dozen posts now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment